ArtsQuest is a Bethlehem-based nonprofit dedicated to presenting music, arts, festivals, cultural experiences and educational and outreach programs that aid in economic development, urban revitalization and community enrichment. The goal of this project was to find out how to make the UX (User Experience) of the ArtsQuest website more enjoyable and easy for the average user.
The process flow was created after navigating through the checkout process of ArtsQuest. The process flow includes searching for an event and the checkout process.
After the process flow I marked some of the pain points of Artsquest website.
- Search bar should search through all its sites not just the branch site you are on (searching for concerts in the banana factory should show the concerts from steelstacks or musikfest)
- Filter system to be able to put in certain criteria such as price, date, age range.
- Only have the donations and promo box at the end where you put in payment info
- No weird words that look like links
- Explain the difference between seat colors such as orange means outside blue is under a pavilion.
- No shopping cart timer just have items disappear after 12 or 24 hr cycle after added to cart.
- When making a login account make sure the field that are required are indicated/ add card info to login so you don't have to always put in all the card info at check outs.
- Make check buttons more noticeable
- If you keep the shopping timer make sure it doesn't give people errors and ruin their experience if they are looking for more things to add to check out/ buy tickets
- On mobile add more space and make buttons bigger for my fat fingers.
- On mobile make the nav bar the other sites like steel stacks or Christmas city not nav for the artsquest branch that doesn't have events.
- Don't have it required to make a login in if I only use you site once I don't want to go through the process
- Add option to print ticket
After finding the Pain points I revised the the wireframe to help with the problems I found.
After Revising my wieframe I made a UX Pin to make a rough mockup of how the redesigned desktop and mobile site would be set up.
After making the UX Pin Mockups I made a more detailed mockup desktop and mobile site with Invision.
After making the mockup sites in Invision i had user test the mockup to make sure it was working right.
Here are the questions that I asked the users to preform.
- Find a Photography Class and buy tickets
- Find the Blues Brotherhood and buy ticket
- You want to see Lets Make a Website are tickets still available
- Can you reprint a ticket
- Can you find a Sold-Out event
- Find PeepsFest but cancel last moment
- Can you to find a Drawing class
- Can you Log In on mobile
- Find an event that you can do with a kid
- You want to compare ticket prices for Ryan Hamilton
Question: If they could reprint a ticket?
- Observation: Some of the user found it faily quickly and others had to click on a few links to find it. Question: If they could find a Sold-Out event?
- Observation: The users would find one after randomly looking for one instead of using the filter option. Question: Find PeepsFest but cancel last moment?
- Observation: The users would find event but half of the users noticed the cancel button but some would miss it by going to far into the checkout process/